- Our story...
It all began when founding owners Julie & Graeme purchased their first sawmill back in the year 1993 and then a saw milling yard at Tuakau where they formed their company Beams & Timber Direct Ltd. Graeme, who had been a fencing contractor prior to 1993, began "tinkering" with an idea he had had for some time, for a mortised post and rail fencing system, something that was more aesthetically pleasing than what was available currently in the post & rail fencing market.
So Graeme created what is now some 17 years later, after much hard work, fine tuning, heavy investment in processing equipment, trial and error - our premium mortised post and rail fence under the Interlock™ brand. Not only did Graeme create the post and rail sizes and options, but with typical Kiwi ingenuity he also designed the machinery to produce it - he's one clever kiwi!!.
The Interlock fencing the Graeme developed first debuted at Fieldays® back in 2004, to huge interest. Beams & Timber are very proud to say that our site (co-shared with Matamata Post & Rail) won the "Best in Agribusiness" Outdoor Site Award at the 2017 Fieldays®.
Over the last 13 years we have been copied by many but rivaled by none! Our fences grace farms and properties New Zealand wide and can be used for a wide range of situations including farms and lifestyle blocks, subdivisions, council parks & recreational areas, commercial entities and equestrian properties.
In August 2019, Beams & Timber changed ownership to a new, young, dynamic & energetic owner, Peter Till. He is passionate about continuing to produce and deliver the high quality products and service that Beams & Timber is proudly known for.
So why choose a BTD Interlock fence or Bollard?
- 100% kiwi grown, environmentally sustainable, premium grade logs for posts, rails & bollards
- Created from 100+ years accumulative experience in the timber industry
- Precisely machined rebates and machined rails for a snug & tidy mortise fit - giving a strong and durable fencing option
- Attention to detail with the beveled tops
- Easy to assemble with rails simply slotting into the post rebates
- We can freight New Zealand wide
- Shorter post spacing's means more bang for your buck with more posts along your fence line and a more stable fence over time
- Range of post sizes from 125mm square up to 300mm sq for feature gate posts
- A post and rail combination to suit most budgets
- Matching high grade gates to compliment your fence - our design or yours
- 100% NZ privately owned company
- Range of timber bollard profiles available, the more common ones available ex stock and a range of bollard accessories for your convenience - your one stop shop!
- Supplying high quality bollards and our interlocking fencing to the market for 15+ years
Whether you are a home owner, council contractor, architect, land owner, property developer or builder, you will find our service second to none.
Our staff are passionate about our products and would love the opportunity to work with you in solving your fencing, bollard or timber needs.